| |

JK Rowling reveals her favourite Harry Potter character | Children's books | guardian.co.uk

J.K. Rowling finally tells about her Favorite Harry Potter character!


She caused a scandal when she killed him off at the end of Harry Potterand the Half-Blood Prince, but Albus Dumbledore is still the character JK Rowling would most like to have dinner with, the bestselling children's author has revealed.
As her publisher Bloomsbury launched a global search to find the world's favourite Harry Potter character, Rowling said that her own most-favoured creation is the lightning-scarred young Harry himself. "I believe I am unusual in this, Ron is generally more popular (I love him too, though)," said the author. "Now that I have finished writing the books, the character I would most like to meet for dinner is Dumbledore. We would have a lot to discuss, and I would love his advice; I think that everyone would like a Dumbledore in their lives."


The author has said in the past that Hermione Granger resembles her the most. "I have often said that Hermione is a bit like me when I was younger," she writes on her website. "I think I was seen by other people as a right little know-it-all, but I hope that it is clear that underneath Hermione's swottiness there is a lot of insecurity and a great fear of failure (as shown by her Boggart in Prisoner of Azkaban)."
From Severus Snape to the Dark Lord Voldemort himself, Bloomsbury has pulled together a list of 40 characters from the Harry Potter books and is asking fans to vote online for their favourite. If, among assorted Weasleys, Potters and Malfoys, elves and owls, a character is found to be missing, then readers can ask for it to be added to the list. The poll opens on 16 May and runs until 26 August, with the winning character to be unveiled on 30 August.
The Harry Potter books have sold more than 400m copies worldwide, said Bloomsbury, and have been translated into 69 languages.

0 comments: